Brief: Give the gift of a pair of goats to a family
Cost: £120 one off payment for 2 goats
- 2 pregnancies a year
- Assuming we buy goats at one year old (child bearing age)
- After 6 months: 5-6 goats
- After 12 months: 8-10 goats
- After 18 months: Upto 16
- After 24 months: Upto 24
- Sell the goats for meat at around £50 each.
- Realistic income of 20 goats £50pm = 7000 NPR. Which is below the national average but with some crops this would be an income sustainable for a family in the rural areas.
- Wealth growth in the community
- Give a family a purpose and prospects
- Keep the youth in the village
Notes: Goat shown is the long-eared goat which has great yields, but its more expensive.