Brief: Provide free lunch for all the students in a rural school
Cost: £100pm (the schools are closed for 1 month, this money goes towards cookware etc)
- To fill the bellies of needy children with at least one good meal, many don’t get enough food at home
- To encourage their attendance in school rather than working in the fields – we have found huge improvements in this!!
- Stop children going home for lunch – often over 30mins to get home and find no food, and then not return to school
- Improved concentration helps the education of all students attending the school.
- Teach the children about hygiene, wastage and respect
- Through education the child can build themselves a better life
- Every family in the community benefits, not just one individual
- Where possible what is served is brought from the local farmers
- The children can concentrate better in class
- Whole school and community benefits
Notes: Teachers are offered the lunch too (many also are hungry) but they must pay a small charge.